iPhone Purchased Ringtones FAQ
1. How do I assign a ringtone to a specific contact?
On your iPhone, go to the Home screen. Tap Phone and then tap Contacts. Choose a contact, tap Ringtone and select a new ringtone. When that contact calls, you will hear that ringtone.
2. How do I set a ringtone as my default ringtone?
To set a ringtone as your default ringtone, go to the Home screen on your iPhone. Tap Settings > Sounds > Ringtone, and then choose a ringtone. This will become your default ringtone.
3. How do I create and purchase a ringtone through the U.S. iTunes Store on my computer?
4. How can I tell which songs can be used to create custom ringtones?
From your iTunes Music Library, select a song that you've purchased from the iTunes Store. Choose Store > Create Ringtone
If a song is eligible for custom ringtone creation, the Ringtone Editor appears at the bottom of the screen. If a song is not eligible, you will see the message: "This song cannot be made into a ringtone."
You can also choose View > View Options and select the Ringtone checkbox to display ringtone-eligible songs.
5. Can I customize the length of time between ringtone repeats?
Yes. You can set the desired delay using the Looping menu in the Ringtone Editor.
6. Can I preview my ringtone before I create it?
Click Preview to hear your ringtone before purchasing it.
7. How do I create a good ringtone?
If possible, start and end your ringtone at natural breaks in the song — the audio waveform can help you find these spots. Or use the Fade In or Fade Out feature to ensure a smooth transition between rings.
8. How long can my ringtone be?
Ringtones can be up to 30 seconds.
9. I created a ringtone. Where can I find it?
To see all the ringtones you've created, click Ringtones on the left side of the iTunes window.
10. Can I use my ringtone on any phone?
Ringtones created with iTunes are designed exclusively for the iPhone.